Friday 4 April 2008

First week of April - ...bitchy

This week she’s been a bitch.


After an extremely summery Saturday –but very frustrating: I didn’t take into account the neap tides and i struggled to get a good wave where i was, while other places nearby were going off-, Sunday came with a sudden change of weather: bye bye 25ºC and sun and hello rain and on-shore winds; still, there were waves to be surfed early in the morning (another miss, damn!!).


Good surfer and friend Pedrua @ Orrúa on Saturday. Photo courtesy of Pablo Azkue from Alaplaya. More photos from that day here.


El Acanti was going off on Saturday. Photo courtesy of Olas de Vizcaya through Buenasolas.


Laredo on Sunday before the big on-shore and the rain arrived. Photo courtesy of Viento terral.


It cleaned up a little bit by Wednesday afternoon, but being my wife’s birthday I went home after work. Some waves were scored by a friend at a place I haven’t surfed yet; good on him.


Photo of Orrúa on Wednesday, from Kukurustan’s blog (a good friend and a good colleague).

Thursday found me in Zarautz for the afternoon and I managed to score 3 ok waves. The tide, the wind and my stomach (way too full to feel comfortable when laying on top of a board) got the best of me.

Today the weather was back to spring: sunny and warmish. The waves were tiny but the webcam showed a 1'-2' shorebreak in town, and it looked fun. I gave it a go but I guess everybody else had the same thought. After 45 minutes I gave up trying to park and drove home.
Not being able to surf because there’s no surf I can take it. Not being able to surf because there’s no parking is a much harder pill to swallow.

Over & out.

1 comment:

Kukurusta said...

Oh! That's definately a good picture my friend, ;O)

Kukurusta