Sunday 1 June 2008

Weekend in the Bay – water

The swell arrived on Friday as predicted, and I had a short surf before work at home, but nothing great as it was a bit unsettled.


On Saturday I went to Zarautz for the high tide and they were finishing the local club contest.

Extraordinary high level in this contest as usual, with the winner – Hodei Collazo, who is presently sitting in the top WQS 100 - getting himself the wildcard for the 5 star WQS Zarautz Pro in September. See some photos here courtesy of Alaplaya.

Apparently outside the Bay, in Galicia they had better waves and much better weather. Photo courtesy of Fiz Bertels.


On Sunday same weather (rain, rain and rain) and smaller waves. We surfed at home with a friend. The waves were tiny but there was the odd zipper that kept things interesting. It was so wet that I didn’t bother to take the camera out.

(Sunday pm. In the morning there was no wind and the water didn't look that brown.)

I've just finished the latest Tracks. It’s not bad but I’m really missing the old newspaper size Tracks. There were les photos but (much) better writing. On the contest side, the ISA World Junior Surfing Championship finished yesterday in Hossegor.

I’m off to Italy tomorrow (work), so this blog may be a bit quiet during this coming week depending whether I have some free time and an internet connection or not. I shall be back next Monday (the 9th) at the latest. On the menu we have a surf photo exhibition by Ritxy Goya, at Soul, a cool shop in town. I will try to go there and have a look soon to let you know everything about it.

Arrivederci.

No comments: