Sunday 24 August 2008

Sunday – back home…

We got back home last night at 4am, after driving for ten hours across Portugal & Spain. I had some work to do down in Central Portugal on Thursday & Friday and I decided to take some days off and do some surfing on my way there. But we got the biggest swell of summer right then and we had to surf some winter waves instead of summer perfection.

All in all it has been a nice little trip in the van, stopping at places never visited before and following our instincts. Sometimes we scored and sometimes not, but we had fun and that is the most important thing.

I will be posting a couple of photos from this trip on my Spanish blog shortly, while I’m posting here a couple of photos to illustrate the kind of freak swell we scored early last week. A true winter swell in mid August… even bigger than the one we had the previous week.

Rodiles – Mundaka’s little sister – by Cezonillo

Orzán (Coruña’s city beach) by Dani

Ibon Amatriain SUPing at Playa Gris (big wave spot near Zarautz) by Pablo Azkue

Hossegor going off by Vague 56

Over & out.

1 comment:

Erik Olson said...

Great to see your blog, I'm going to be in your neck of the woods this coming week (fly into Oviedo on Tuesday). I have no idea if there will be any surf but I'm really excited to explore the region. These pictures have stoked me out!