Tuesday 13 May 2008

On the road – tuesday – day four

Same place… and the swell really picked up this morning. I had a surf in 3-5’ side/off-shore Pantin first thing in the morning. Both the right and the left were working and it got better with the incoming tide. Got my ass kicked by a couple of sets and managed to get a few rights and lefts.


(Pantín, still building up.)


Then we ran some errants, taking some nice pictures here and there.



(I don't think they pray for surf.)

("A cara do mar" - "the face of the sea")

Before lunch, and while my wife had a little surf at another beach, I made a sun shelter for our Scottish Diamond Terrier with the driftwood I found on the beach… except it wouldn’t go anywhere near it.

After lunch I had a surf with Dani, a friend for over 15 years who lives nearby. The surf was small and rip affected (1-2’), but at least we were alone and could have our little yearly surf contest. As usual it was a draw. Now it’s ten o’clock at night, there’s still some daylight left and some 4 or 5 surfers are still enjoying a few waves at the point. We are in the van, thinking about dinner and testing today’s wifi connection. We are expecting good surf again for tomorrow, so we are going to have another early night.


Over & out.

No comments: