Monday 12 January 2009

four


Last Friday, when I got home after a little surf in France, my body was in the shape of a "4". The cold got me -it had snowed some 20cms on Thursday and the air was like 2ºC when I was surfing- and blocked my lower back so much I could barely stand upright. All it has taken for my lower back to heal is to rest in the warmth of home and some gel.

This reminded me that I had seen some warming kidney belts in some mag and I managed to find them on the internet. They are the poor man’s version of Rip Curl’s heated wetsuits… which, if I’m not mistaken, comes with a price tag of some 1,000USD in the US (ouch!). As we still are in early winter I’m seriously thinking of buying one of those heated kidney belts.

Have any of you tried them (or do you know someone who has)?

Cold water is also known to produce another effect on our bodies, as George Costanza found out in this Seinfield episode:




Nothing a hot shower can cure though…

No comments: