Saturday 6 December 2008

Sorry

Sorry,
If you are that British longboarder
-mid twenties, tall, well built, blond flattop, rainbow sunnies, the looks…-
that i’ve met twice in two days
in SW Portugal with 5 or 6 friends.

Sorry,
I didn’t talk back to you
When you talked to me.

Sorry,
I didn’t laugh at your bad jokes.

Maybe i should have made my discomfort
With your presence
More obvious.
But you looked like a bouncer.

Sorry,
But when a group of six or seven mal riders
who can hardly surf
but get a lot of waves
invade the break I am surfing at
-twice in two days at two different beaches-
And proceed to take every single wave
With no exception.
When one of them –You-
Tries to be chatty in the 30 seconds
it takes him to take another wave
And only because he’s on a mal.

When this happens
I feel like not saying much but…
Sorry
One day (you and your friends) will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry on behalf of said British kooks, I feel embarrassed.

Mick said...

Don't sweat it Niega... when they'r freezing their bums off you'll be sliding across a bit of Bay of Biscay beauty.