Tuesday 22 July 2008

Ten days – late

Yes I know, it’s been ten days since I last updated this blog and for this I must apologize to the hordes of visitors/readers/fans that have been requesting to find out in what mood the bay was since my last entry. And so it has been because last week was one of the busiest weeks of the year: sales meeting week, and in Capbreton… which meant the opportunity to score some little waves in nearby Seignosse before, during and after work. Not bad. Shame though that the ocean was not very cooperative and we had to content ourselves with small waves, but at least we got to surf and that is always good, especially in summer.

I haven’t had much time for anything else. I know there are a couple of things going on and the Jazz Festival has started on the beach in Donosti. I remember this time last year I went down for a surf really late one evening (we’ve got light until well past ten) and the concerts on the beach were starting while I was still surfing: it was an odd combination to have hundreds of spectators a few meters from the water, dancing to the music, while so close some other surfers and myself where working hard to get the last waves of the day. The side I don’t like about the Jazz Festival on the beach is that the sand is packed with trash, bottles and other rubbish the morning after when I go for the dawny.

And in terms of waves, there hasn’t been much lately. A couple of little swells here and there. Truth is it hasn’t been totally flat, but the swells are quite weak. Here’s the crop of these last ten days:

First a couple of photos from last Tuesday in Galicia by Esnifa Salitre (nice elbow)…




…and Salinas by Clau.



Thursday was the biggest day but I’ve found no evidence on the blogs, while Salerno took the time to play in the Landes shore breaks on Saturday with what was left of the swell.



Pantín is one of the most consitent places in the whole of Europe, and that’s what it offered yesterday (by Dani).




While today I went for an early surf. The tide was very high and the swell too weak, so it wasn’t the best of the sessions, but I still managed to get some.



While according to this photo by Esnifa Salitre, Pantín was quite pleasant-looking today too.



And... over & out.

No comments: