Monday 30 June 2008

This last 10 days – a bit of everything

Finally! Phew… it’s been quite a hectic week or two: waves, lots of work, a new article in the writing (not yet technically but it’s keeping my mind very busy) and some other side projects (more about that… some day!).

Anyway, before pasting the shots of some of the best waves from the Bay of the last two weeks, let me inform you that the 2nd M.I.A.C.S. is starting on July the 4rth. What is it? It’s an international surf art market, and it takes place in Biarritz, from July the 5th to August the 31st. it’s an expo but you can also buy some of the artworks exposed. There will also be some movies and a couple of concerts. The only on-line info available so far is the French press release (follow the link above).



And now let’s focus on the waves. Last week’s Thursday (from West to East) in Galiza by Dani


…and a nice little reef by Fiz_Bertels.


In Asturias by Clau


…and in Sopelana –near home- by Surf30.


Next day I woke at 6am in Capbreton –in the van- slightly hung over. By 6h30 there were over 30 people in the water. Here are a few pictures of Capbreton on that day.




While a few clicks north, in Seignosse, it also looked very nice (by Salerno)…


…and very empty in Galiza (by Fiz Bertels).


Last weekend the waves were small and the day a bit overcast for the Cosmic Children Festival, but I was told it was another success. Here are a couple of photo by Custom Glass.


While it was equally small and grey in Guéthary (right before the galerna hit).


It was flat on Sunday and very tiny -and crowded- on Monday at home.


Equally flat on Tuesday and a new swell filled in late on Wednesday. On Thursday I was in Capbreton again and the best thing I saw –in spite of the waves- was this cool van.


I had a very bad surf in a very shallow and sandy beachbreak. I’m still finding some sand from that session in certain parts of my body today. I’ve seen it was quite ok up at La Gravière

…and in Galiza (Fiz_Bertels).


And this is the same swell we are still enjoying today. It’s not the nicest and the winds are not at their best, but at least we’ve got waves and the water is warm and the days are long. Can’t complain, really. Salinas on Friday by Clau.

Home on Saturday

Near Lacanau on Saturday by Yohann.

Asturias by Cezonillo on Sunday.

And Galiza by Dani on Sunday too.

On the magazines front, I’ve been reading lots this past week: Tracks, Surfer’s Path, Spanish mags, Surfer – Surfing – Transworld, some French ones… but nothing too inspiring. I specially hate it when I find the same articles in different mags, and it has happened a couple of times recently. I guess it’s my fault for reading so many surf mags.

Over & out.

No comments: